Essex Bank customers can now pay bills, check on scheduled payments, review payment history, and more with their Alexa-enabled device.
How do customers enable this skill?
Getting Alexa set up for Bill Pay is essentially a two step process. They need to turn it on in Both Bill Pay and Alexa. Here’s how they do it:
- Login in to online banking and navigate to Bill Pay.
- Click on the “My account” tab within Bill Pay.
- Go to the Voice Bill Pay section and select the Add Alexa link.
- Follow the quick steps, enter credentials and submit.
This completes the Bill Pay portion of set up – now customers need to set up the skill in Alexa.
- Within the Alexa App (usually on your mobile phone or tablet), search for the “iPay QuickPay” skill and choose enable.
- When prompted, enter the credentials created in bill pay to begin linking your bill pay account to the Alexa Skill “iPay QuickPay.”
- Create a 4-digit PIN that will be requested every time “iPay QuickPay” is launched. (Don’t need the kids paying bills without you knowing about it)
- Select I agree, Link Account to complete the account linking process.
- Now customers can say, “Alexa, open iPay QuickPay.”
This new development is part of Essex Bank’s continued commitment to improving our digital offerings.